We act for municipal units and related organizations on a wide array of matters including governance, by-laws, land use planning and development and labour and employment.
Our lawyers have developed a solid understanding of the Municipal Government Act and other legislation and policies that apply to municipal units. More importantly, we understand the practical side of how municipalities work and the challenges they face and tailor our advice accordingly.
Key Service Areas
- Land use planning
- Tendering and procurement
- By-law drafting and prosecution
- Labour and employment, collective bargaining
- Shared services
- Regulatory matters, including environmental
- Property and asset transactions, public-private partnerships
- Taxation, tax sales
- Dissolution and amalgamation
- Litigation and matters before the Nova Scotia Utility & Review Board