Best Lawyers in Canada™ administers a list of top lawyers in different practice areas, compiled based on peer-review evaluations. The process is designed to capture the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honour.
Burchell Wickwire Bryson LLP is proud of our long list of honourees selected by their peers for inclusion in the 18th Edition of Best Lawyers in Canada. Here's our 2024 roster:
- David Cameron: Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law
- Noella Martin, K.C.: Administrative and Public Law
- Brian MacLellan, K.C.: Banking and Finance Law
- Geoffrey Saunders: Construction Law
- Colin Bryson, K.C.: Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- David Hutt: Commercial Leasing Law, Defamation and Media Law, Insurance Law
- Andrew Rankin: Banking and Finance Law
- Marc Dunning: Environmental Law, Municipal Law
- Gordon Kelly: Family Law
- Jason Cooke, K.C.: Aboriginal Law, Administrative and Public Law, Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Legal Malpractice Law, Professional Malpractice Law
- Kelly Greenwood: Corporate Law, Real Estate Law, Trusts and Estates
- Kevin Quigley: Insurance Law, Personal Injury Law, Product Liability Law
- Naiomi Metallic: Aboriginal Law, Administrative and Public Law
- Wayne Howatt: Commercial Leasing Law, Construction Law, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law
Best Lawyers recognizes only a single lawyer in each practice area and community with a "Lawyer of the Year" award. BWB is delighted to share in David Hutt’s selection as Halifax 'Lawyer of the Year' in Defamation and Media Law.
We congratulate not just these lawyers, but all our colleagues honoured in this year's listing.