Phil has done a lot of things in his 40+ years as a lawyer. In the last several years, his focus has been on civil litigation and insurance law.
He has experience in many types of litigation disputes, including environmental, construction, maritime, personal injury, employment, product liability, insurance coverage, property and casualty, administrative, contractual, as well as miscellaneous other disputes where parties find themselves in conflict and seek a viable solution.
Phil is a skilled negotiator and advocate. He still enjoys the variety of what he deals with. In his off time, he enjoys cooking, boating, and time with his wife (Jackie), granddaughter and two dogs.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Defence Research Institute
- Chartered Insurance Professionals Society
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- The Advocates’ Society
- LL.B. Dalhousie University, 1982
- LL.M Dalhousie University, 1988