Amy is a member of our Labour & Employment, Municipal and Regulatory/Administrative service areas.
Amy has experience in all areas of labour and employment law but has particular skill and focus in Workers’ Compensation, Labour Relations, Pension and Benefits and Judicial Review. She also provides human resource advice and assists clients in drafting workplace policies and in collective bargaining. Amy is known for her practical advice. She understands that each business is different and works to find solutions that fit her clients’ needs. On a Personal Note When not at work, Amy’s focus is her family. She enjoys camping, swimming and singing in a local choir.
On a Personal Note
When not at work, Amy’s focus is her family. She enjoys camping, swimming and singing in a local choir.
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- CBA Well-being Subcommittee, Member, Atlantic Canada
- Nova Scotia Lawyers’ Assistance Program Committee, past-chair (2018-2019) & member (2011-2019)
- CBA-NS Administrative Law Section, past-chair (2016-2018)
- The Advocates’ Society
- LIANS Claims Review Committee – Member
- LIANS Audit Committee - Member
- Bachelor of Science (1st Class Honours), University of New Brunswick, 1989
- Master of Science, Queen’s University, 1992
- Bachelor of Law, Dalhousie Law School, 1995
- Osgoode Certificate in Pension Law from Osgoode Hall Law School at York University (2018)